Some people like to take hunting rifles and grind out group after group over sandbags at 100 yards; tweak 3/4" groups to half inch groups and jump for joy if it happens. The information age has convinced them that unless a rifle does this it is worthless for BG hunting.

I think it's an absurd waste of time.

Some of these guys never hunt...remarkable I know but true. They NEVER hunt. They talk about it a lot but never do it.

My approach has been (in the interest of time) to get to a one MOA (or better) load at reasonable velocity for the cartridge, and with a bullet I can "trust" for everything from antelope to bull moose,as soon as possible...also have a cheap practice bullet for range use and general shooting.

I shoot it at various times at 300-600 yards to meet or maintain the MOA or under standard.

This does not mean I don't "play" with rifles quite a bit and have done lots of it over the years....but once achieved with a rifle I never bother with any load development again for that rifle. I load a bunch of ammo and work on my shooting from field positions.

Frankly I find a lot of the fussing and playing we do with rifles and "group shooting"to be pretty damned boring. I'd rather hunt, shoot at animals, or fish or spend time with my grandchildren..

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.