Originally Posted by arky65
We have a 35 acre farm/camp in SW Arkansas. Last Sunday morning I am sitting on the front porch overlooking the orchard, pasture and river bottom. The.260 is in the varmint rest waiting for deer or varmint to present itself. Modern gun deer season is open till December 3 as is most varmint and predator seasons.

6:35 am I'm glassing two doe and a fawn at the edge of my neighbors open field maybe 70 yards to the west when I here a gunshot from my neighbor's property, maybe 100 yard to the west, followed by a thwack. The deer don't flinch and I continue to glass them and they walk back into the woods toward where the gunshot came from.
Few minutes later my Dad comes over from his place which is unusual as he seldom gets out of bed before 8:30 am. He seemed a little upset and anxious. He ask if I have seen any deer and I tell him about the deer I had been glassing. He then say,"come see I have something to show you".

We walk over to his trailer which is on the backside of my trailer and about 30' east from my back porch. He points to a bullet hole about 5 1/2' from the ground. When he sleeps his head rest about a foot below the bullet hole. The impact woke him and his dog which sleeps beside his bed. Thankfully the bullet did not hit him, the dog, his truck or, my new shop.

As Boudreaux says "I bout los my mind".

I thought I had cooled down enough to talk calmly to him but I lost it when I got up to his place. I belittled his intelligence, used words I thought I had forgot, over all just cussed him out. I finally had to walk away as I was not thinking straight and shaking uncontrollably at the thought that he could have ruined two families with his stupidity. His excuse "that bullet should have went into the ground". He knew the deer was between him and our trailers and he knew we were there.

I am very safety conscious about where I shoot. I spoke to the neighbor last year when he moved in about gun safety, where it is safe to shoot, and gave him the lay of the land on all sides of him.

What would you have done?

Moderately well restrained in my opinion.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.