Originally Posted by jimmyp
Sorry I am late to the party I have been deer hunting!

The Begera looks like a nice rifle are you hunting the woods or across fields?

If I was buying the rifle I would opt for the 308 and a good scope suited to where I was hunting. Having cheap readily available cartridges is a big plus. I have killed a lot of deer with cheap power points/core locs, and I have killed a few with the 223 and TSX bullets.

If I had to choose one rifle to hunt with the rest of my life it would be the 308 Winchester. It will always work and there will always be cartridges available for it.

The cheap power points in the 308 and 30-06 as sold at Walmart for under $20 a box will kill any deer you hit right them with. Funny stuff.

Final question, how does a 140 grain bullet shot from a Creedmore or a 7-08 in an 7.5 pound rifle kick that much less than a 150 grain 308 fired from an 7.5 pound rifle provided velocity about the same?

Hope you enjoy your new rifle what ever it turns out to be!

Thanks jimmy. Mostly open fields ,occasionally in the woods/timber. Probably leaning towards the 308. Heck i still have 5-6 boxes of ammo left over from my 308 tikka anyway. I would definitely consider a creedmoor in the future or possibly a swede or .260