Pharmseller,

Nosler doesn't overstate their non-ABLR BC's as much as simplify them.

Most hunters are used to one, simple G1 BC number, but BC varies considerably with velocity. This means it varies more when shot over longer ranges, where the ABLR's are typically used. But most hunters don't shoot beyond 400 yards, where velocities remain higher and vary less, and hence BC's are higher.

I just did a comparison of BC's for various Nosler 7mm bullets with Bryan Litz's range-tested data from his book BALLISTIC PERFORMANCE OF RIFLE BULLETS. Bryan lists several BC's for each bullet, both G1 and G7, for different velocity ranges.

Nosler's BC numbers for most non-ABLR 7mm bullets at typical hunting velocities run from 3.7% to 12.6% above the Litz results, with the higher differences coming from heavier bullets, because the overall velocity is lower. But they're accurate for ranges out to 400 yards, which is where most non-ABLR bullets are used, as I know from my personal range-testing over the years, including some long before laser rangefinders and turret-scopes were introduced.

With the ABLR's, however, Nosler's BC numbers actually average slightly LOWER than Litz's numbers for "normal" hunting-range velocities. This is also true of the 168 Custom Competition 7mm bullet. Overall, Nosler's listed BC at 3000-2500 fps for the three 7mm ABLR's and the 168 CC is within 2% of Litz's numbers.

The same difference in listed BC often occurs with other commercial bullets, and for the same reason: Most hunting bullets aren't designed for really long range shooting, so their simplified, single-number G1 BC reflects average results at "normal" hunting ranges. But bullets designed specifically for longer ranges have listed BC's more accurate for those ranges.

Unfortunately the Litz book doesn't list range-tested BC's for the 7mm 160 AccuBond, or I'd provide them for you. But they might (or might not) be available through his website, www.appliedballisticsllc.com.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck