I've owned 3 Pre 64 375's and shot a couple more and every one of them would easily shoot under an inch with no load development, just book loads and Hornady 270 Spire points and 4831 powder. Cloverleafs every time.
That is, if you could stay at the bench long enough to shoot a few groups..... smile

These are truly one of the great rifles every developed which brings me to the point I'm slowly walking around. The 375 needs a bit of weight to be shootable for most shooters as the recoil is on the threshhold of what most can tolerate. Me included, which is why I don't own one any more, besides the fact I won't probably make it back to Africa any time soon.

If it were me, I would be looking at a barrel contour very close to the Winchester Pre 64 contour. Enough weight forward to hold and sight well, and give a little recoil absorption but not so heavy you can't carry it. A buddy built one on a 300 H&H action I sold him and it shoots as you would expect and looks great. If you cut down the weight much, IMHO you will pay for it and not enjoy shooting it.

Looking forward to seeing the final result.

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.