The .375 seems to be one of those mythical inherently accurate cartridges. My classic with a factory custom shop barrel will shoot ragged one hole groups even with two or three different bullet weights.

The classic barrel is too heavy but otherwise good on balance. I like the 24" barrel but especially an Alaskan and DG rifle a shorter barrel will handle faster and reduce some weight.
If I built one I would probably go Douglas #4 and shorten it to 21" just to be contrary. I would need to check but I think Bartlein does a #3.5 and can also do the pre-64 contour too. Either of these should be just about right.

My 375 at 10.5lbs is easy to shoot but get one down to around 8lbs recoil gets snappy and not so much fun. Around 8.5lbs seems like a good compromise. If well balanced the weight isn't apparent.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli