Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by USMC2602
Went on the Simms website to purchase a gift certificate as a going away gift for a co-worker. Did not find any gift certificates, emailed Simms, they let me know they don't currently offer those, but "are working on that for the future." Really, with that website no one thought to throw on something as simple as a gift certificate? So, that's $500 I won't be spending with Simms.

Any similar brands I should look at? Hopefully a brand that has waders, jackets, etc., and gift certificates.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

As at least one other suggested, try contacting a local shop for a gift certificate where the lucky recipient can can choose from a wide variety of stuff. Simms is excellent FWIW.

Pretty much said the same. Given what the OP said I'd shy from buying the actual item and stick with 'some' type of card. Lots of advice on here, none wrong (mostly). But short of asking the guy, "do you want a 5wgt rod?", and spoiling what might be a really nice sendoff surprise you could pick wrong. But choosing the right card consider if:

1) Local nice flyshop if guy is retiring and you have a local nice flyshop...not 250 miles away.
2) guy is not boarding a plane to take a new job 2500 miles away 3 days after being given card for awesome local flyshop.

Either of those answers fail and pick something that can accommodate EASY online or local shopping where he is relocating. Just my less than .02.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.