Originally Posted by USMC2602
Really do appreciate all the input. Like the local fly shop idea a lot, but he's leaving by year end and moving to New Jersey. Easy target for comments here, but I'll keep going.

We had already planned to get our group together with our spouses for dinner tomorrow night as our holiday gathering, so thought we'd better take the opportunity to also make it a going away recognition. Have ordered roses for his spouse, and want to be able to give him something from the 5 of us left in the group tomorrow night.

So, even though he's not an old, fat guy 😬 and damn skilled with a fly rod, I got an Orvis gift certificate. They sent it to me within 2 hours, I printed it off and will put it in a card for us to sign. I agree some of their items seem overpriced, but I think he'll appreciate it and will hopefully pick something up that he wouldn't have bought for himself otherwise.

He's a damn fine man and a good friend. Really happy for him, it's a hell of an opportunity, but we're sure going to miss him.

Plus Orvis has a local store in Leawood, on 119th and a couple stores in NJ.