Originally Posted by Whelen Nut
Good luck on filling your other tag. I didn't know you guys had a 3pt rule. How's that been working out?

I also have a few days of Mzl season in Dec BUT they are nearly useless in MY pasture. Most of my shots will be farther than I'm comfortable shooting a Mzl.

REGARDLESS of type of gun season the 3 pt rule is the same. The shortest point MUST be at least 1".

The 3 Pt Rule has had 2 particular results.

1. At first, it ONLY allowed young bucks to live ONE more year. That allowed them to be 3 points or more, visible.
Don't get me started on 'fawn killers' and yearlings. crazy

Too many don't or can't understand that every 'button' buck they kill IS an ANTLERED buck they will never see nor get to shoot. Makes NO sense to me. crazy

2. I'm used to the 3 pt rule by now, it's been several years. But I can tell you sometimes it's VERY difficult to see a 3rd point even on large INFERIOR bucks. frown
i.e.
[Linked Image]

This 6 (SIX) point was in a cut over pushing a doe. He is 17 1/2" inside spread and weighed 175-178 lbs. It took me a while-- glad they stayed in the c/o long enuff--to see A 3rd point.

Suffice it to say...I pass on smaller bucks UNLESS I can see 3 on 1 side. Sometimes it SUX. frown

Per tags - I have tagS available for use. I can kill 4 Does if I wanted. This yr. I don't need the meat. smile

Thanks Paul, I appreciate your input.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!