Well guys, I hope you'll forgive me.

blush blush blush

I'm so ashamed! I fell off the 'pump rifle' wagon today.

[Linked Image]

It started raining during the night and we've had rain off/on all day. I left the Six 06 (6 OH 6) home in the dry. I have 'SYNTHETIC' stocked rifles FOR bad weather.

I haven't shot the Tikka since Oct when I checked the scope.
I guess it stayed put. Her head was just about as long as that 4-12X40 AO scope.

[Linked Image]

It was after 8:30 AM when I saw the first deer IN the rain. It wound up being 6 Does & fawns. I watched them mingling in the brush feeding. It was hard to tell how many but finally they single filed across a small opening--6.

I held my fire not being sure which was which. After a bit I noticed ANOTHER (7) Doe alone. She was obviously an adult and none of the others paid her any attention. I MADE SURE it did NOT have ANY antler.

After several minutes it dawned on me that she was NOT going with or in the same direction as the others. Since it was raining I was not going to have to 'blood trail' her. I had an open shot on her neck or shoulder--took the neck.

DRT = Dropped Right There!

No looking, No wondering, No Trailing, No blood washed away by rain. SIMPLE. I like it that way.

[Linked Image]

She was an ADULT dry doe. I could not even squeeze any milk out of her udder (tits). She was either in heat or had just come out. Her vag was larger than normal and was 'odoriforus'.

I killed a Doe some yrs. back that STUNK as bad as ANY buck I've ever smelled. This Doe was not that 'loud'.

/|/|/|/

I was back to the house when a friend stopped by with his deer.
He lives about 1 1/2 mi from me. He didn't say and I didn't ask where he was hunting, I know it's on a lease.

[Linked Image]

We are FRIENDS so I told him it was a shame to shoot such a littleun, that it's mother was still looking for him. laugh
Obviously that a good deer and I'd kilt it as soon as the firing pin hit the primer. grin

I like hunting in the rain.

Good Luck Guys

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!