Originally Posted by szihn
I don't know how well that will do.
In Wyoming the 458 SOCOM sell very well, but I know of no one that has or wants a 450 Bushmaster. We have a lot of elk and big bears. So a super fast pistol bullet (2000 to 2200)is not as appealing as a 1400 to 1700 FPS rifle bullet. The bushmaster has a .451" bore so most of the bullets available are made for handguns. The SOCOM has a 458" bore so it's made to fire rifle bullets like those made for the 45-70, 450 Marlin and even some for the 458 Win Mag.

Maybe the demand will be good in other places, but I think they would do far better if they offered the SOCOM, even if they didn't do it in the American. It was made for the AR, so what would be wrong with selling them in the ARs?

...a thought for you.

The Bushmaster will be able to run bullets from 185-350 grains. Many of the heavier bullets like the Hornady XTP Mag line are made to preform at .454 velocities. These bullets have already taken game the size of elephant...

The SOCOM is limited to rifle bullets that are made to preform at velocities greater than the maximum velocity one can get from a SOCOM....so most any bullet isn't going to expand to any great extent...

A friend in Texas bought a 450 BM upper several years ago and has dropped a lot of pigs with it...he says it is a hammer...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....