I started this off with a real question about a 25-06 and what use you guys put yours to if you had one and what reasonably priced rifle you would suggest since the wife was paying for it as a Christmas gift. It needed to perform minute of pronghorn vitals at 400 yards as a specification if it was going to be useful.

For those of you who think a rifle needs an 800-1,000 yard bullet to be worthy of consideration - for my uses it doesn't.

The usage parameters haven't changed, my request for information didn't change, Stick didn't really change much either - his stuff is mildly entertaining for a few seconds then I just skip by and don't usually waste my time reading subsequent posts because he never really cares about giving good advice just likes to see insults in print and describing how he is the oracle of shooting - He's not but it is a free country he can type to his hearts content.

Thanks to the folks who answered, I bought the Howa, it arrives on Tuesday, I'm putting the 3.5-10 Meopta Meopro on it.

To the crowd that have their own axe to grind, isn't it great to have somewhere to share your ideas? I'd rather have the good suggestions and answers that I asked for but I'll never get tired of cool pics of dead stuff from Africa or people's individual viewpoints so it was at least entertaining. If I shoot a nice antelope with it - it would be my first so I'll post it here too.