Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Went through 3 Tundras before buying a new Ram 2500 with a Cummins. No way I could ever go back! These newer Rams are miles ahead of the ones from the past, I've had my truck 2 years and 36,000 miles, it's never been back to the dealership and I do all my own maintenance. There's not one category in which the Tundra was a better truck than the ram. I get 18-19 in town and 21-22 on the highway running 75. I can tow a 4000 lb boat and get almost the same mileage my Tundra got empty on the highway. When I tow a 9,000 lb boat the tranny shifts less back and forth on hills than the Tundra did empty pulling hills. I know it's not really a fair comparison but figured since I was a Tundra cool aid drinker for a while I'd give a first hand testimonial. Love this truck.

I had a 97 3/4 ton with a 360, a 01 3/4 with a Cummins and a 05 1 ton with the Cummins. The 97 was the best truck, the 01 was by far the worst.
As much as I like the idea of a Cummins mated to the Toyota/Heino transmission I can't force myself to buy an Italian Ram.

Last edited by BWalker; 12/25/16.