Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by hillbill
when it comes to towing with a Tundra I find the mileage no worse than any other 1500 series truck, I have friends that have Fords and Chevys and we all get in the same neighborhood when towing comparable loads, the Tundra definately out pulls the GMs with the 5.3 by a long shot, the 6.0 gets terrible mileage loaded or unloaded and still don't pull with the Tundra.

the 5.0 Ford don't compare either, the ecoboost will hang but with it's reliability track record? who wants to tow with one?

highway mileage? the tundra is in the back of the pack for sure, that will change when the new engine/tranny package comes out in 18.

My 07 has had 0 problems in over 9 years and that from a first year build truck, I dare say the other makers can't make that claim with any regularity.

Don't get me wrong, I will buy what I think is best when it comes time to upgrade, GM,Ford,Ram, Nissan or Toyota I'm not loyal to any but I will be looking at Yota first...

What issues does the Ecoboost have? My truck has a problem with the vacumn system everything else has been stellar.

I'm not sure how much they share with the F150's 3.5L but the 3.5L Ecoboost Police Interceptors have had quite a bit of engine problems at a neighboring PD. Oil consumption was causing fouled plugs and the fouled plugs were causing coil pack problems. It was bad enough they only buy the naturally aspirated Interceptors.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA