There is no way the Nissan has the highest resale value. Their values have been in the crapper for years. I think it's too early to tell how well the new Nissan will hold up and retain it's value.

Toyota has the highest resale value but they get horrible gas mileage compared to the rest of the brands - except the Nissan which also gets horrible gas mileage.

I have owned four Fords and currently own one with the Ecoboost. It has close to 400 foot pounds of torque and will haul azz; but it is very comfortable and refined and gets well over 20mpg on the highway. You should at least consider a Ford before you make your choice. I have 112,000 miles on my 2011 and it's been to the shot once. I got 209,000 out of my last Ford before I sold it. It was in the shop once as well. My previous Ford may still be running for all I know, but last time I saw the guy I sold it to he had over 330,000 miles on it. I was a Ford basher in my younger years but after 3 bad GM trucks I took a chance on them and have been happy ever since. Ford is also the only truck that excels in crash ratings - especially cab crush tests. The GM trucks are really bad in this regard.

Have you looked at all the historical problems with the GM trucks? There are several folks on this site that have had them and have complained about the multitudes of problems they have had.

If I had to buy another truck, besides a Ford, it would probably be a Ram or Toyota as I think they are good, solid trucks.

My next truck purchase will occur just before I retire so I will probably buy a Ram diesel.

Last edited by Slidellkid; 12/30/16.