Originally Posted by DINK
Like most of us here I have a lot guns that I have never shot or shot less than ten times.

I think about selling most of them off a lot but I have two boys that are hunters/shooters so I have been waiting to see how things go before I sell.

For me I'm mostly a deer and antelope hunter and only hunt elk every few years (thinking about changing this though because I'm getting older and elk tags are easy to get).

I've always thought a 243 win, 30-06 and a 300 win would get me by the rest of my life for big game rifles. I like to take two rifles with me when I travel so deer/antelope I could take 243/30-06 and elk I could take 30-06/300 win never being under or over gunned. I'll probably never get there but that's my thoughts anyway.

Dink

Im pretty much in the same boat right now. My boys arent quite hunters yet but that hasnt stopped me from securing a few pieces for them. I want to set the boys up with quality hunting rifle, shotgun, AR and handgun. The list may expand if one of them takes to hunting or shooting but I believe every man should at least own those.

My 2 boys are 4 and 7. AR's are done and last week picked up the 2nd M70 Classic in 30-06, one being a stainless and the other a Featherweight.

All that aside after moving from AZ to Iowa Ive found my centerfire rifles, especially the larger calibers only coming out to get a fresh coat of oil.

After perusing another thread on Scenar lethality, I'll probably stick with the swede as my medium game caliber. The Finnlight is just a sweet rifle and pairs well with that caliber. I probably should have omitted the 243 as I only use it for my long range/windy varmint gun when I think a shot might present itself that the .204 wouldnt handle as well.