Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by warpig602
Originally Posted by Fireball2
.338, loaded up or down as needed.

I half thought the same but was thinking 300wm

At one point in most of our lives, that's the train of though we all go through. BTDT. I used the 300WM for a long time. In fact, it was my only rifle for about 5 years. I got tired of the recoil and sold it. Dropped back down to the 30-06 and kept a 338wm too. Found the recoil of the 300wm gave me more of a headache than the 338 even. BTDT, not going back down that road... Also, if you already have a 300WSM, you don't need a 300WM. By your post above, it's pretty apparent you want to scratch that itch. Go for it, it's the only way to get it out of your system. Trust me though, you'll be going back to the 30-06 and similar cartridges after you tire of getting beat up by the 300WM... wink

I dont have 300WSM, jsut the 300WM and 338WM. I havent ruled out the 06, jsut seems tha the 300 or 338 may be better suited the largest or more dangerous game. Recoil wont be much of a bother as I cant foresee it being used all that much. Im likely going to use the Swede for everything up to and including Elk. Maybe when the time comes I'll decide to bring the bigger rifle for Elk but right now my mind is saying Swede.