511/512/513 series .22's with the beehive bolt. I used to see a lot of 513T's on the rifle range when I was a little kid but never realized what they were until I got older. I'd love a 513S even if the bolt is on the wrong side for me.

[Linked Image]

I'd like to say I miss the Nylon 66 and while it was a ton of fun for a 14 year old, in reality the 10/22 has much more going for it over the old 66.

Ditto on the Model 141. The 760 may have been an improvement with the detachable mag and admittedly much stronger front bolt lockup, but they made it bigger and more ungainly. For a quick handling firearm with a good punch an 18" 141 carbine in .35 Remington would be (was) the cat's meow.

Same/same with a Model 121 Fieldmaster .22.

Maybe I'm just bemoaning missing out on the rifles the older guys used when I was a kid but when you pick up one a 121 or 141 or 51x you realize why the older guys today, like me, bitch about the lack of "quality" in modern rifles. Although I'm sure those older guys that I knew as a kid were probably bitching about the cheaper rifles Remington put out then... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!