Originally Posted by GaryVA
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
To be fair, here are some Remington rifles that I don't miss.

What styles do you miss or don't miss?

Had a 673 350RM, warne model-7 bases, LEU qrw rings, LEU 1.5-5 #4 scope, three cases of ammo, dies and components. That was when I was managing kill permits avg about 30 whitetail per year. Took about a dozen deer with it over a few years, and tried very hard to dislike that rifle. It was not particularly great at anything. Ended up getting rid of it in favor for a stainless Ruger version built off their short mag rec. The Ruger had a bigger mag box for loading old school 250 grain loads.

After the 673 was gone, I missed it. Though it was not particularly spectacular at anything, it was pretty good at most everything, it was rather unique, and kinda looked neat. Shot well from field positions, and always killed stuff. The guy that got it, kept it set up the same, and still kills stuff with it every year. Has a lot of character now.

I didn't like the vent rib on either the Remington 600 or the 673. Since I use scopes, I don't want superfluous open sights if not having them is an option and I don't ever want a vent rib and an oversize sharkfin front sight.