Originally Posted by AcesNeights
On another note. I got a call from the ATF in Virginia this passed summer, several calls actually, I ignored them. Finally a couple of months ago I realized they weren't going to give up so I called them back. They asked where the complete gun log was for the shop that I closed down 4 years ago. I had printed it out and sent it back to Quantico along with the 4473's the day we closed down. He asked if I could print out another one and I told him nope, the computer is gone. I asked him if this is so important why are they so careless with in their job? He said that this happened a lot (lost records in their possession) I laughed out loud and told him I expected nothing less from a US agency that arms the drug cartels. He mumbled something and I told him my business with the ATF was completed 4 years and to quit calling me as I WILL NOT respond any further. That was the last I heard from that useless group of fu.cksticks, thankfully.

Correct me if wrong but aren't all firearms transaction records of an FFl required to be kept in perpetuity? If not, for how long must such records be maintained?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC