Originally Posted by AcesNeights
On another note. I got a call from the ATF in Virginia this passed summer, several calls actually, I ignored them. Finally a couple of months ago I realized they weren't going to give up so I called them back. They asked where the complete gun log was for the shop that I closed down 4 years ago. I had printed it out and sent it back to Quantico along with the 4473's the day we closed down. He asked if I could print out another one and I told him nope, the computer is gone. I asked him if this is so important why are they so careless with in their job? He said that this happened a lot (lost records in their possession) I laughed out loud and told him I expected nothing less from a US agency that arms the drug cartels. He mumbled something and I told him my business with the ATF was completed 4 years and to quit calling me as I WILL NOT respond any further. That was the last I heard from that useless group of fu.cksticks, thankfully.

Of course if you had given any excuses about record keeping while you were still a going concern they would have nailed your hide to a tree.