Originally Posted by Fireball2
MtnBoomer, you and I are going to get tarred and feathered. I agree with you. Maneuver around, do some more talking, no need to mow ol' Jerry down just yet, far from it. Hell I've been in LOTS worse situations than that, a few of them, and nobody died, and I'm no badass by any stretch. Just use some common sense for krissakes.

When did "the right language" by police replace common sense? "We felt threatened" "the suspect repeatedly ignored warnings" That's sickening. They shot a man down in cold blood.

It's true ol' Jerry may have had a deathwish, but don't blow smoke up my azz and tell me those cops had to shoot Jerry at that point in time because they feared for their lives. If they feared for their lives, truly, instead of just repeating that BS talking point, then they need different training.

Not tarring or feathering you.

If Jerry had dropped the knife, would he have been shot?

What was the actual distance involved?

Also, it wasn't cold blood. They gave him numerous chances, told him what would happen if he refused to drop the knife, backed off several times, tried Tasers, and only then shot him. Cold blood would have had him shot before all that happened.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.