Along with fixed-power Leupolds, I've also purchased some SWFA and Weaver fixed-powers off the Campfire Classifieds. But I don't get all my scopes on the Campfire, either, obtaining some directly from manufacturers. Sometimes they're test scopes that performed so well I decided I needed them. Have reviewed those in several magazine articles, usually after they held up well when (per usual) I mounted them on a hard-kicking rifle and they not only held up but their adjustments A good example would be the Weaver 3-15x Super Slam that arrived for a review several years ago. I've been twirling the adjustments up and down enough over those years that I just reviewed it again in another magazine, because it continues to work precisely.

Have also published several magazine articles on "bargain" scopes over the years, and am thinking of doing another specifically on scopes have have held up well despite considerably turret-twisting. They're not always the brands people would guess, based on what's posted on the Campfire. In fact am going to be heavily testing one of these during the next few months, to see if it keeps going.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck