I really liked the article, has really gotten me thinking about the scope choices I have made in the past and the next scope I will be buying.

I'm a long time lurker, but this article motivated me to finally sign up and ask a question.

It may not be the best of methods, but I commonly switch scopes between rifles. Reason for this is that I generally prefer aperture sights on my rifles for hunting. The scope is only used for load development. So I have a 4-12x40mm scope that hops from one rifle to another for load development. So I'm often re-zeroing the scope quite often. I shoot both jacketed and cast bullets, so I'm also adjusting turrets based on the differences in the POI.

Well, a couple weeks ago, that scope gave up the ghost and is having parallax and Adjustable Objective issues. So I'm in the market for a new scope. I had a few brands in mind. But now after reading your article, I'm thinking about my purchase in a different way.

What brands would be able to stand up to frequent scope swaps and re-zeroing? I wont be shooting anything that recoils more than a 30-06. My new way of thinking led me to believe that I can be less worried about super bright glass in the early morning and at dusk. Weight isn't a concern. Really it just needs:

good magnification, 12x is enough. I shoot at 100 yards for load development
stand up to frequent trips to the range
stand up to frequent mounting
stand up to frequent turret adjustments
Cost 300 bucks or less.

Thoughts?