bsa,

thanks for your interest and for expanding on the typical issues with this model. thats exactly the type of info I was looking for. however, I don't know that I could bring myself to put such a classic rifle in a synthetic stock. if I were to restock it, it would likely be in a mid to high grade wood with the addition of cross bolts as it seems that they are a worthwhile addition and possible with this action. (similar to your lower picture)
I take extremely good care of my firearms and appreciate nice wood and metal finishes, however they will be hunted hard and honest unpreventable wear will be seen as an asset and a mark of character. I don't have the budget to be a collector, Im a user. But I strive to appreciate the history and significance of every firearm and cartridge I am fortunate enough to interact with or own. I look forward to (hopefully) adding this one to the stable.
Great to hear about the inherent accuracy of that vintage of 375's. What would your assessment of the recoil from that rifle be? For reference I am familiar with 12 ga waterfowl, turkey and slug loads, and heavy for caliber .30-06 loads out of a Kimber 84L (around 7.5 lbs scoped), I assume this rifle will be a step up in recoil and will come with a learning curve, but I have also been told that the .375 h&h is fairly reasonable in that respect. thanks for your time