Originally Posted by Sheister
I completely understand wanting to hunt with the original wood stock and metal as built. I also enjoy hunting my wood rifles, but have to admit it hurts a bit when I am in a downpour or blizzard and my wood/blue rifles are soaked- which is why my primary elk rifle now has a McMillan stock on it. smile

I've owned 3 of the Pre64 375's over the years and every one of them was a tack driver. Cloverleafs was the rule for my handloads, which were the first load I found in the book in each case.
However, working up loads was painful and was the limit of my tolerance for recoil. These rifles just aren't really fun to shoot off a bench, IMHO. Shooting offhand wasn't really a problem, though, and a bipod and sitting position was almost as easy.

Enjoy the rifle and go kill big critters with it. My favorite load was a case full of H4831 and Hornady 270 grain SP's. Seat them about .010 off the lands and go adjust your scope.

Bob

Good post Bob..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA