Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Ol' buggory is such a badass, havin learned the deadly skills of the streets, that the first thing he does is throw a knife to the other guy, just to make it even.

I've been throwing pointy things since I was a child. It is a long time skill. I shoot a bow instinctively, and I hunt small game with a slingshot. It doesn't make me a bad-ass, it makes me a survivor.
I took a class last weekend, on civilian response to an active shooter. The emphasis was on unarmed. They were suprised by an improvised weapon choice, and were unaware of a flaw in a technique for preventing a door from opening. (It can be defeated with a paperclip in a couple of seconds). That is still not bad-ass, that is knowledge of the hardware involved.
if your only defense involves a gun, without a gun you're just a Target.
a friend of mine was in a store when it got robbed not long ago. he has had a CCW for many years but also Had Court business later that day. He never felt more naked, than when the only weapon he could come up with was a can of vegetables. He made some good choices, and mistakes where he failed to think it through.
A CCW is new to me, but stacking the deck in legal ways, is not. once I can post some personal pics, I'll post a few I came up with for my mother. she was working on a college campus that would not allow weapons. I had word-of-mouth orders to fill for almost 2 years on one item. (Hand made)

Is this guy Gecko45, or what?

What I'm talking about is step one in this video. https://youtu.be/6n7Qz4M0BrE
If I can get enough slack to gain even 1/4" of air space, I can release that knob from the far side.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~