Years ago, had the target rash from a tick bite and the Doc said at that time the tests were not all that accurate for Lyme. So went on Doxycycline. Since then there have been multiple flair ups of joint pain which responded to additional Doxy treatments.

The last couple have kinda got on my nerves more than usual. So will be getting some tests done to try and perhaps pinpoint more accurately what is going on. Lyme or something else.

In the last 10 years or so have had at least 10 ticks get attached every year. Maybe more. They estimate that at least 50% of ticks currently can transmit. There has to be a blood exchange for transmission to occur, but certainly, some of the attachments have done so. For me not to have at minimum a mild form of Lyme would be unlikely.

You can sit down during a hunt and in short order literally brush off 40 plus, and you don't get them all. Same with the Dogs, but since I've started using Seresto collars on them none have attached to them.

Hunting clothes come off as soon as you get inside and are left in the garage. Everything gets sprayed after every couple days hunting. You still often find them crawling on you or wake up with one digging in. PITA.

Good luck with your test.

Last edited by battue; 02/22/17.

laissez les bons temps rouler