Originally Posted by Theeck
Originally Posted by battue

Where do want the GC to cut? Now they can only do so on the 1.5million acres they own.

1.5 million acres of land could hold a lot of grouse. They need to do a better job with it.

Not your job to lobby for them having what they need to move into the future, do what you want them to do?

I want them to do their job and provide a convincing plea to the State Legislature for why the hunting license cost should be increased. Government agencies work with the State all the time to work out budget issues. I have better things to do than to do their work for them.

You obviously don't get it or don't know what is going on. The legislature has been denying a license increase because hunters complain to them they are dissatisfied with the GC. What is their biggest complaint? Well, it is they are not seeing enough Deer. Forget the fact we are shooting bigger horned Bucks. Bigger on average than anytime since I've been Deer hunting. They are also starting to cut back on Doe licenses in areas where too many were killed. But, who kept buying the licenses and doing the killing?
Funny how that worked.

At least twice already you have failed to acknowledge the politics re the Gamelands and natural gas. You think it isn't coming, then tell me why those big right of ways are being bought and piped-up all over the State? Natural gas comes on strong and those GL would be a cash cow to the politicians to dip into. The only problem they have is those rights are presently owned by the GC. Same as the timber rights they use exclusively for GC objectives. And this time it's not funny that you don't get how that works.

Looks like we can't count on you to be a voice for hunting in Pa. That's ok, there are more than a few of you with the same shortsightedness that doesn't allow them to see past today. Tomorrow to you is the same as the next century.

Then again we may get it done and then you can suck on the fruits.

You want a convincing plea to the legislature? When the politicians see free cash, it takes dead babies to have them keep their hands off them. Dead hunters? Dig in boys and get what you can before they stink too bad. Get real with your convincing plea.

Last edited by battue; 02/24/17.

laissez les bons temps rouler