Well, hasn't this been fun. Found out the the Savage 99 I was looking at was marked M in 308. Bought the gun and put 8 rounds within an inch of each other at 100 yards. Put a new Leupold 3X9 scope on today and will expect better shots. So glad for all the negative comments by [bleep] associated with this site. And as for Lightfoot, I would love to meet you face to face and show you what us Army Rangers can do a [bleep] like you in seconds. You are a disgrace to this website and a prick of a human being. Where do you live, jerk, and perhaps we can arrange a meeting. After your ignorant response I will leave this website...have found many more informative and not filled with redneck jerks like you. Have a nice day, moron. And to all those supporters, thank you. One simple question involved nothing but inflammatory responses. As if you people are experts? Found more information elsewhere without the disgusting comments from most of this sites subscribers. Good riddance and hopefully you agree.