Originally Posted by Yondering

Caliber is irrelevant to the size of an AR15. Yeah an AR10 is bigger, but that wasn't the original question.

I just showed you a rifle that is slimmer, shorter, and lighter than your lever gun, but "nobody can convince you"? OK... I guess that was a waste of time, no sense explaining to someone who clings to an opinion in the face of solid evidence.

The "slimmer, shorter, and lighter"you showed isn't necessarily any of those things. My Browning B92 comes in at about 5.6 pounds and is definitely slimmer than my AR15's. Even with it's 20" barrel it can't be much different in length. My .308 Ruger Scout comes in t bout 6.25 pounds with its 16.5" barrel and, as do most of my bolt and lever guns, will match the width of an AR so closely that I'm not sure which actually measures the thinnest width at the widest part.

Width and weight, though, are only part of the story. When it comes to "handiness" I'll take a well sculpted and balanced bolt or lever any day. Often I'll carry mine with my hand wrapped around the receiver. Hard to do that with an AR even with a 5-round mag.

If you find AR rifles more comfy to carry and handle, good for you. I don't.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.