Hi, first time poster here so be gentle with me. smile

My brother and I are heading to the Brooks Range on a DIY caribou hunt in mid to late August this summer. We're going to be dropped off around the Inyorurak Lakes in GMU26A. We're pretty well set on gear and gear advice and "loaded for bear" in the more literal sense. We're not thinking that the caribou migration is going to be in full swing yet and are figuring we're going to have to hike to go find them. We're kind of both committed to holding out for bulls until day 6 and if we're still empty handed, then we'll take a cow if one comes our way.

Has anyone here hunted this area that can share some specific info on what we should expect? We're wondering things like:

How much difficulty we'll have finding firewood?
What kind of fishing tackle should we bring?
What kind of fish can we expect to catch? (It looks like mostly land locked lakes and a few rivers in the area.)
What is the deal on requirements to have exposed rib cages on your carcasses in this area?
If we have the extra weight, is a packable raft worthwhile?
Are the odds for moose great enough in this area that we should pay the extra $150 for moose tags just in case?
Is it worthwhile to get a wolf tag and if you harvest a wolf do you keep the meat?

Any and all advice appreciated. Thanks!