Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by bearhuntr
My guess Is that you will see a few thousand caribou. Good to hold out for a good bull-you'll know them when you see them! Be prepared to see small clumps of bulls together, say three to several at a time.

Very good fishing in most of those lakes for Lake Trout. Take an outfit good for fish from a pound or two up to 8 or 10 pounds. #2 or 3 spinners and or 3/8th ounce spoons will work fine.

The only wood for burning will be around the lake shores and it will be small diameter (dead brush.) There will be enough for a couple of small fires.

Do get a tag for wolf...you will see several. IIRC the season for wolf starts on the 10th but check that out in the regs. Their white color will be what to key in on.

A packable raft may very well come in handy to cross a lake to get ahead of the small herds. You will get the idea after a day or so how the movement will be going, how much lead time will be needed for starting out to get ahead etc. A raft may very well make things happen by saving lots of time.

Thermocells work but do not forget head nets. They are light and inexpensive but not having a couple for each of you could really screw things up in a hurry, particularly when you are processing your game.

I would be surprised if you saw a moose there. Better chance of seeing a rogue Musk Ox I think...

Got to disagree... wink

Most do not recognize a truly good bull until they are dressing a dink and the big one walks by. Everyone wants to kill the first "16 pointer" they see.

Oh yeah, beerhunter is dead on for the rest.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.