I wish you good luck on your hunt. I've never hunted west of the Dalton Highway that far north but it wouldn't surprise me from what I've heard of the area for you to find caribou in the time frame you specified.

ADF&G has a fairly easy to use web site with the regulations for each area. There are no non-resident moose tags in unit 26 according to the 2016 regs. I checked and didn't find any requirement for bringing out bone-in meat or rib cages from 26. There is no requirement to salvage wolf meat. Whether to get a tag or not is your call. August wolves are not as nicely furred as they will be in later months.

Many areas of northwestern Alaska have sheefish but I am not familiar with them enough to say if your area will have them. Plan on grayling and char, they should both be in the area. Light tackle either fly or spinning will provide much fun. Grayling are best eaten fresh, they don't seem to hold up well to freezing or being on ice for long.

A packable raft maybe be fun and useful for fishing and ferrying meat across a lake.

Having never been in the area I can't say on the firewood. The area I hunt east of the Dalton and a similar latitude has zero firewood other than some small scrub willow.

ADF&G

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.