Hi Dwayne,

Good to hear from you.
I just returned home from the Edmonton Boat and Sportsmen's Show. Long 6 hour drive for me but worth it! I hosted an Outdoor Writers of Canada Regional Meeting then took in the show. Accomplished a bit of business as well with the Canadian Dist. for a cool new fly tying product I have been testing for them.

It certainly has been a long winter, even here in Alberta's Banana Belt. You know that snow storm you folks had a couple weeks ago??? There was enough snow left that when it reached my AOR we received over a foot of the stuff. Muchly needed by the way. Most of our winter has consisted of deep cold with no snow. Now all melted with lots of standing and sheet water, hopefully enough to help the waterfowl. Lots of Canada Geese around, anxiously awaiting the Snow Goose migration. Dekkes and shotgun are ready.

Great choice of bear deterrent. I haven't tried the Challenger loads as of yet though. Another I want to try is the Score ammo. Canadian made from what I hear.
I usually have either my Marlin stoked with .44 Mag or a Mossberg 500 with slugs and OO buck. Hornady makes a good load of both.

There certainly are weird rules at the border these days wrt bear spray and knives among other things. Oh how I long for the good old days.

Have a great weekend
Jeff

Last edited by troutfly; 03/18/17. Reason: added content