Good topic. I wrote an article for "Bowhunter" on this subject last year. I have spent the last 27-years guiding hunters in Northern BC & Yukon. One of the things most hunters are surprised at when they come north is the low game densities here in Western Canada. There's been a lot of talk on here about references.....for the most part you can forget that......Good outfitters will have good references but so will bad ones......If you are looking for a quality hunt, you are going to pay premium prices. Period. My best advice is to look for outfitters who have been in the business for many years. These guys are not in it for a fast buck.....they like the lifestyle.....Once you have narrowed your search, one of the most telling questions you can ask is how long has the outfitters guides worked for him?? Every outfitter has some new guides but stay away from guys with a new crew each year.....Remember this: you might NEVER see your outfitter......but you WILL spend your entire hunt with your guide. The outfitter I work for now has three guides of which I am one that have worked for him for more than 15-years. Ive been with him since 93. In general for big moose I wouldnt consider anything south of Williston Lake in BC......the Yukon is even better. Hope this helps. If anyone want to PM me for more info feel free.