Fellow Fire members;
A couple other things occurred to me regarding this topic, so in no particular order here they are.

British Columbia:

When fueling up here, be forewarned that all stations are either set up for prepayment or pay at the pump. Although I understand some folks don't like that much, it's the law and they have no choice in the matter.

Speaking of fuel, the diesel is low sulfur and compatible with the newer engines. Actually the fuel quality of both types is quite good up here, but most US members will find the prices shocking - unless they are from rural Alaska and heading back home. wink

Canada;

I wasn't going to mention this subject seeing as it's been the source of more than one heated international debate here, but here goes anyway.

Healthcare - isn't that bad up here, but you really want to talk to your insurance provider to see what they will cover if something does go sideways on you.

I'd think that the farther off the beaten path you plan to hunt, the more questions you want to ask your insurance provider. The last thing you would need on a hunt is to pay for an air ambulance flight out of pocket - well or close to last anyway.

Hopefully some of this is a useful base for planning a hunt here in Canada. All the best luck to those who might be doing so.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"