Originally Posted by Oheremicus
Phil,how old are you ? I'm 73. I'm a retired union dry wall taper.
I fell for the left's "slanted" news when Ronald Regan ran for president against Jimmy Carter. Then I saw what Regan accomplished. Regonomics resulted in two things. Reduce taxes for us, and US bussinesses. Yet, it resulted in more actual tax money being collected..... I was employed more than I had for the Carter years, much more. And, to this day, the left has not given Regan credit for bringing down the old Soviet Union.
The hospitals are closing and have been for years. I live within blocks of the last independantly owned and operated hospital left in Kaifornia. Why ? Because the state and federal governments laid too many requirements on them to give care to thoe who couldn't pay. That was the left's doing, particularly here.
Insurance rates went up ? Same reason.
Union jobs are harder and harder to find ? As a member of the building trades, do you know what has inhibited building in Ka. ? The left's environmental rules and laws. We have one of the highest proverty rates in the country. Why ? A big part is the high cost of housing, far higher than anywhere else in the country.
I haven't been hurt much by ObamaCare. I qualified for Medicare, and have always had Kaiser Medical Insurance since the 60's. But my girlfriend has been. She makes $15,000 a year. How ? Her drug costs have quadrupled. So have that of many of her friends and mine. Most of those hurt by Ocare are in that catagory.
Wake up and smell the coffee Phil. You've been led down the primrose path by the left's very biased news reporting.
Big things are coming with the Trump administration. Look what happend so far. And he's only been in office since 1-20-17. E

There is a drywall tapers union?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”