I will be picking up a new rifle this week.
Nosler M48 Outfitter in 375ruger.
Eventually I plan to hunt Cape Buffalo (3 or so years from now) and maybe a grizzly with it, but not this next trip.
Will be going to Limpopo in June, but only for plainsgame, with an Eland being the largest animal. Likely hunt nilgai in the next 2 years.

I am considering removing my Leupold VX3-L 3-10.5x50 from my 300wsm to use for this rifle. The eye relief is similar or the same as the normal 1-4 or 1-6 DG scopes. When it's time to hunt dangerous game, I might re-scope it with a typical DG scope. For now, it will likely wear this one. I find it hard to shoot with both eyes open anyway.

I plan to to use quick release system and am considering the Leupold Quick Release with low rings (since it is the VX3-L scoped that can sit lower to the barrel.)

When it comes to ammo, I am thinking about using something different than the normal 300 gr dangerous game offerings.
* Double Tap makes a 250gr TTSX
* Hornady makes a 250gr GMX in their Superformance

I am new to 375s. I've shot them, but not owned one.
My questions:
1. Any reason for not scoping it with what I already have? I can't really afford a new scope purchase presently. And, I know it will be used in longer range situations until I hunt buffalo with it. Then I can buy a new scope and plop it in the QR base if I choose to.

2. Anything wrong with the Leupold QR bases/rings?

3. Any thoughts on the ammo choice for my plainsgame hunt?
Or should I just use the 300gr that I will eventually use for buff? (of course it's all dependent on what round shoots well in this rifle)