When I started looking at the 375 Ruger a few years ago one of the articles I read was in Real Guns and one of the bullets that the author really liked was a 265gr GS Custom so I started looking at their website which is both informative and a little hard to navigate.
After much reading and emailing I ordered a box of .224 40gr for my sons 22-250 which work well in the 22-250 for deer. But that is another story.
So when I finally got my 375 I started researching and emailing again(got to love the web where else can we go to make bullet selection so hard) talked with owner of GS Custom in South Africa then to his daughter who is running a second plant in the USA they both told me that unless I had a chance of running into a angry elephant where I hunt that the 265 wasn't necessary and recommended that I went with a 200gr bullet moving around 3200fps. That seemed a little light to me but I figured that I would listen to them. When the bullets arrived I was very surprised, I was expecting short fat pistol like bullets instead they were quite long actually longer than some 250gr Seria Game Kings I have. I have not stretched it out past 250 yards but from what I've seen so far 350-400 yards is not out of the question for range.
This makes it on par with a 300 WM. I even talked to a African PH who uses the 200gr in a 375 H&H for Cape Buffalo with no problem with five of the last seven shots being complete pass through. If you want to take 1 rifle to Africa this combo my be it.
Shawn