I just started shooting 375 Ruger last summer. I bought a boat load of the 270 GR seconds from Midway last summer and did some initial load development.
However, I found GS Custom Bullets and did a bunch of research and also settled on the 200 GR HVafter talking with the the owner Gerard. However, I've been in Uganda since November, so they are sitting in Idaho waiting for me to get home the end of June. I also ordered some 7MM in 116 Gr. HV for my Tikka. I need to buy a chrono though as load development for the HV is different than conventional bullets. You load for speed first to determine pressure, then vary seating depth to tweak accuracy. Two reasons they are long for weight: First obviously is that they are mono copper. Second, is that the diameter of the bullet is equal to the lands of the barrel. They have a series of raised driving bands and the diameter of the bands is equal to the groves, or caliber. Much less surface area to engrave as the bullet travel down the barrel. So, most of the bullet is sub caliber, so they are longer for a given weight.

Perry