Two years ago opening day in NE Oregon. "I have been laying behind this log for a couple of hours, watching the hillside across from me waiting for the small herd i saw the morning before. Wind is from my left to right fairly stiff. Pine needles are lofting up and across on my side of the canyon. I was cold sitting there in the dark but now I am in full sun, the other side in the shade. My senses are telling me to hold full into the wind, as I had failed to do the previous year, but I cannot see any evidence of wind on the other side. Distance varies from 290 to 330 or so. At around 10 am, I am thinking that I missed them and they went elsewhere when a cow steps out into a patch of wind thrown timber on the other side. Game on, after a few min I locate one of the bulls feeding in an opening the size of a couple of pickups, and get relaxed to take the shot. I held 1/2 the wind value, as the bull takes a couple of steps to my right stops and I squeeze. I saw him one other time, got a snap shot then all is quiet. Another bull walks out near the cows and they all stand around feeding. I mark and remark the spot where I last saw him and headed down across the canyon, while the other elk continued to feed. He was upside down about 25 yards downhill from where I last saw him The 160 AB out of my 7 mm Mag hit exactly where expected" Not always the case but on that day I did it just right.