I applaud anyone that releases video to the public of a less than optimal shot and gives an explanation of how they think they could have made an optimal shot. As mentioned earlier in the thread the animal headed off for another day so that is the bess less than optimal outcome.

Hunting out West is tough. Staying on your game every minute of every day afield is a challenge. Mistakes are made when you get tired, uncomfortable or distracted.

I can't imagine the extra hurdles for a hunt when include a film crew, permits, logistics and having to get the shot on camera. In this specific case, the autofocus on the video camera created a distraction as did having to relocate the camera. I never have had to deal with video issues though and have still misjudged the wind.

I carry a crib sheet rubber-banded to the stock of my .338WinMag which shows adjustments for various angles of wind, angle of shot, temp change, humidity change and altitude change. Most of my shots during hunts are under 300 yards so the crib sheet is not needed often but when conditions are significantly different than when sighted in the .338 then I am glad I have the sheet. I adjust the turrets and settle in for the shot.

No worry about the camera and no one else moving around or dropping something on a rock or sneezing or whispering back and forth on which animal is the target, etc. Getting a hunt on video is like playing golf from the championship tees. I will be up hitting from the white tees. Plenty of challenge for an old guy. Fore!

A computer once beat me at chess. I then won a kickboxing contest with the same computer. So, 1-1 to date.