Originally Posted by Formidilosus

Just a question, because you bring up Todd and David just about every time longer range shooting is discussed- but you understand that in one case you are watching guys shoot and train for WAR and in the other COMPETITION, not BG hunting? They have to shoot in whatever condition is presented. A hunter does not.

When you have competent shooters and let them wait for the shot they want/good conditions, they have a ridiculously high hit rate, even at long range.

Despite popular opinion, the military as a whole sucks at shooting (including "special people"), and there's not much translation between military shooters using 2 MOA 7.62 semi autos with reletively poor bullets, and having to shoot in terrible conditions- to a decently skilled hunter using a 1moa bolt gun with high BC bullets that gets to choose when he shoots.

I bring up those guys because compared to "expert long range hunters" I'd put money on these guys every time. I also bring up these guys because many here present long range hunting as relatively easy given enough practice. That is ridiculous, and to your statement that these guys suck (I still call BS), well, Hodnett has killed probably more vermin than you and I put together, and Tubb? He has done the same, as he owns property where the wind never quits blowing.

For anyone to represent that with adequate amounts of practice you can make one shot hits, in wind, ever time is once again ridiculous.

I've watched, multiple times, these military guys that "suck", shoot and kill prarie dogs out to 800 meters (not one shot kills necessarily either), and they most definitely do not suck. That includes guys from other countries that you've never seen before I'm sure. I have.

Last edited by JGRaider; 03/29/17.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.