Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by LFD
Why spend a lot of money because someone says a premium bullit is better than the cup and core for White Tail Deer

A cup and core 270 will work 100% of the time on broadside chest shots. It will work on 99% of all shots. It's the 1% where you need a bonded,partition, or mono Barnes type bullet.

RH makes a good point. However the way I see it is, you can find Nosler partitions at SPS all the time for cheap. Why buy anywhere or anything else????? The last 200gr. 30 cal partitions I bought from them were $13.45/50 and I took both my buck and bull last year with those bullets. I can't remember off the top of my head what I paid for the 500 150gr. partitions, but it was well worth the money. You can do a lot of practicing with your hunting bullets and loads this way.

As a matter of fact, here you (not you RH, but those that don't buy there bullets here) go:

$17.20/bag 150gr. nosler partitions

I like keeping chit simple and use only this bullet in my 270. Works for anything (even elk and moose) at any sane shooting distance too...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA