Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by d500lnn
Originally Posted by rost495
I just refuse to use the 270....

Why?

Shot a friends that kicked like a mule for some reason. Worse than an 06, almost as bad as my 300 wtby.

Shot a few deer with it and it damaged way to much meat for my tastes. The 130 ballistic tips were like hand grenades.

To be fair, loading for a friends father until he passed away, 95 ttsx and I did use that gun last fall in honor of him, to shoot a deer. It didn't do much damage to the edible meat and the deer didn't go very far with a lung shot. The dog was NOT happy it was such a short trailing job.. LOL

A cousin bought one and thought the same, kicks a lot for the round,, more than an 06. And damaged a lot of meat. This with 130 sierras.

Better rounds out there for me. I tend to not monkey in the middle much... either smaller or larger rounds.

Plus Jack O Connor liked it, and I liked Keith. LOL.

You shot one like my Mark V. I have a Savage .270 that recoils like one would expect. Then I bought this Weatherby six lug. It kicks like a mule so I put a brake on it. Now I love it.

Physics is physics. Stock fit has a lot more to do with perceived recoil than most people realize. And it's not just LOP.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor