Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by starsky

Handloads with a higher BC bullet for caliber vs factory with a ping pong ball. Wow.

Put a 140 Berger at 2800fps up against the Roberts and tell me the difference. Or a 147 ELD. Or a 139 Scenar. Or a 143ELD. Or a 136 Scenar......

Most hunters do not handload and a large portion of them select their ammo based on what is available on the shelf in front of them, with can eye toward keeping costs at a minimum. Bergers and Scenars and such are not part of their world. Hornady factory ammo often is.

Yes, I used handloads for comparison - because that is what I hunt with. For comparison I very intentionally chose a Hornady bullet of similar construction to the 110g AccuBond I use in my Roberts.

Further, if you care to look, you will see the 6.5 Creedmoor bullet has a B.C. of .485 while the .257 Roberts bullet has a much lower B.C. at .418 - a fact you overlooked or ignored.

If you want to compare to the Berger or Scenar you will have to do the math yourself. I would be interested in the results. Feel free to use handloads.

BTW, Federal's new 130g Berger load shows 15.7" drift at 500 yards. That is almost 2" more than my Roberts load.

So you won't do it. Got it. Thanks.