First off, the ABC Pheasant IS and AF event. Secondly, it's not a "warmup"! Many of the best dogs the ABC has ever seen have never placed in the Pheasant. It's a 1hr Championship trial that is dual sanctioned by AKC and AF. The best Brittanys in the country, run by the best Pros are there every year. Finally, Buddy didn't produce "great" dogs. He
produced decent dogs that did OK in NSTRA but his offspring are almost completely non existent in the top ABC AA trial dogs of today. As a matter of fact, I can only think of about 3 Dogs currently in the Purina AA award that have any real Buddy blood in them. Those Dogs are very nice dogs, but they have a lot of very nice dogs in their lineage as well.

I made my statement, based on a statement from the website you suggested. The dog in the picture has very little style, and that's a fact. That's not the issue however. The issue is that the website says the dog is as stylish as you will see in th Brittany breed. And that is simply not true.

BTW. What my original post was suppose to say was Trucker Grand get took two if the top 4 spots in the Chicken Championship, not the Pheasant. But it's splitting hairs. Many people consider the Chicken the toughest ABC trial to place in considering its run in the Sandhills on only wild Chickens.

As far as hunting over an AA Brittany, that doesn't impress me in the slightest bit. Every decently bred AA Brittany out there can easily learn the difference between trialing and hunting if given the chance. I know this because I've been fortunate enough to hunt over some if the best AA Brittanys in the country. Hell, I even hunted over an AA Brittany this year who had never been foot hunted over before. Took him all of about 5 minutes to learn the game. That dog has consistsntly been one of the top AA Brittanys in the country that last few years, and he was a blast to hunt over.

I stand by my post. If the OP wants a well bred roan Brittany, look for a Trucker bred Brittany. Trucker probably produced as well, if not better than he was, and that's saying something considering he won the US Open, which is an AF trial that is not dual sanctioned by the AKC. Trucker dogs will most likely be much nicer natural bird dogs than Buddy dogs, and Ive hunted over both.

BTW, who were the All Age dogs that the kennel you suggested produced? I assure you if they produced some decent 1hr AA dogs, I know the dogs, and I'll get to watch them run at Nationals this year.

Last edited by jetjockey; 04/06/17.