I'm not disagreeing, just stating facts. And those facts include the fact that Buddy is In the HOF, not the Field Trial HOF. There are two HOF's for Brittanys, the FTHOF being the important HOF for the trial dogs. Secondly, I have no idea who the guy you mentioned is, and I've never seen him at an AKC trial, and I've certainly never seen him at Nationals. When putting his name in the Field trial database I don't see in anywhere. I see he did place in the futurity with a dog Leslie bred, but that's all I can find anywhere. Again, not saying that's good or bad, but when someone places a picture on a website and says it's considered good style, and it's not, I would question it as a buyer.

I've hunted over several Buddy dogs, and there's a reason you don't see them at the AKC/FT trial level. They just don't typically have what it takes to compete against the best without a lot of other blood in them.. They compete very well in NSTRA, but NSTRA isn't traditional field trials. Again, this isn't being a know it all, it's the truth. Don't believe me, look at the links I posted and try to find a bunch buddy dogs on the Purina or Garmin list. You won't find them, you also won't find much, if any from the kennel you suggested. If the OP wants a truly great dog, there are probably better options. Heck, the one dog I can find from that website that competed in AF trials was a dog that took 4th in the Futurity. That dog was bred by Leslie, and is probably a nice dog. Why not go to Leslie and ask her for a dog that she co-owns, named Fatz. He's a HELL of a dog, and looks great standing...... Everyone seems to think they produce the best dogs there are, but if you really want to see who's producing th best dogs, look at the breeders who are producing dogs competing and winning at the highest level. That's not being a know it all, that's common sense.

The kennel I suggested has a dog with Trucker on both sides and he's directly out of back to back 2x NFC/1xRuNFC, Kracker. The dog is also roan because of Trucker. That dogs pedigree is LOADED with current top dogs, and Trucker dogs are known to throw roan dogs, not to mention dogs who compete at the highest level in the Brittany world. He's the dog in tha front of their webpage. You want a stylish roan Brittany with a LOADED pedigree, that's where I'd start.

Last edited by jetjockey; 04/06/17.