Originally Posted by USSR1991
Live in a rural area of NYS. Cities here only have 25,000 - 35,000 people. Wouldn't live in an urban area if you paid me.

Don
The town I live in has less than 6,000 residents (and one traffic light) and I don't see it as unreasonable to expect that 1) I might be the (at least attempted) victim of assault/robbery, and that if I am, 2) there might be more than one assailant involved. Six chambers in a revolver cylinder can go dry very fast. Five even faster.

Sure, if you are targeted, chances are good that five or six rounds will work out just fine, but what about the minority case where it doesn't?

I'm not saying that a revolver is a bad choice for self-defense. I'm just refuting your suggestion that you will only need more if you live in a big city.

Keep in mind that police officers (who make their living with handguns as central tools) only have about an average of 25% accuracy on target during gun fights. You might be a bit better, but under stress you never know. With two or more armed assailants, only landing 25% of your five or six rounds (that's just one or two rounds on target before you run dry) may add up to a problem for you, especially since you have no immediate access to backup like the police typically do, often right there with them on scene, and even with that you likely couldn't talk a cop (whether his AO is rural or urban) into a five or six round magazine for his Glock.